With the destruction of Hedonisia Hawaii due to the Kilauea volcano eruption, Community Director, Mojo moved to Portland where he continues to manage the Hedonisia Activist & EcoFeminist Web Portfolio.
We suffered a great loss with the volcano.
Hedonisia post-volcano community options:
- Hedonisia Solitude - Hawaii Artist & Creatives Colony - From May 2019.
- Hedonisia Portland Micro-Community
Intellectual 'Mind Work' in Hawaii!
The volunteer programs of most intentional communities in Hawaii involve physical work. However, at Hedonisia, we appreciate living in our rainforest paradise but we are not blind to the world's problems.
Though we are a tiny community out here in the middle of the Pacific, we are actively engaged in social entrepreneur web projects allowing qualified volunteers to 'work with their mind' in the rainforest!
However, for those who are interested, please read on!
a) Eco-Hospitality Mind Work Projects
- Hedonisia Handbook. This is our evolving book on sustainable community management. It is also the training manual for all Interns. Our community projects are founded on the concept of social enterprise; creating businesses that address environmental and social needs as well as making a profit.
- HedonisiaHawaii.com and Hedonisia.com. We always need to update and edit content, photos, and info on our websites!
- Agricultural Tourism Plant & Garden Update: Our property is on 4 acres of rainforest. We are slowly identifying and photographing all the plants on the property and updating the plant data for the Hedonisia Garden Farm Inventory!
- Activist Entrepreneur: Our practical guide on how to create and manage a business by developing a product or service that improves society or the environment in a tangible way.
- Grant or Crowdsource Funding Writer - Experience writing Grant Applications to secure funding with relevant grants to help fund our social enterprise and community initiatives.
- Eco-Friendly Architectural Student - Draw plans for existing and future eco-friendly structures on the property. Assist in the preparation of blueprints of our affordable eco-tourist lodgings for submission to the County of Hawaii.
- iMovie Video Editor: We are using video more and more as a practical instructional as well as PR tool. Applicants who have experience editing video in iMovie can be part of our video projects! We use iMovie to edit our videos. So if you love video editing and can work efficiently, you are welcome to volunteer or intern with us
- Tech Geeks in the Jungle! Web Design, WordPress site maintenance. Apple or Android App Developers or other Techies with needed skills can also apply to be a Specialty Intern Community Member at Hedonisia.
- SEO & Social Networking - Essentials include great written communication skills, a marketing background, and experience with our social media pages. Examples would include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube with new sites being created all the time! Great for someone with social media skills! Search Engine Optimization would be for those with WordPress skills.
b) Eco-Feminist Mind Work Web Projects!
'Pleasurable Activism' in Paradise! We have fun in our little island paradise but also work on feminist enterprise web projects with a global reach.
- Portfolio of EcoFeminist Web Projects. These are the sites we work on in the background that are part of the entrepreneurial activism we practice at Hedonisia. Interns provide assistance in site development and maintenance.
- EcoFeminist Entrepreneur: Our educational ebook teaching how women (and men!) can create a business to address female inequality on a local or international level and give themselves a job, career, and income that is based on their values and makes a difference.