Community 'VolunTourism' in the Hawaiian Rainforest
Eco-Community Volunteer Tourism Options
Voluntourism is also known as volunteer tourism. It is a great way to reduce the cost of your stay by having a 'working vacation'.
We live in a tropical rain forest so there's always plenty of land work for those who want to have a physical workout! And for those who like to clean we are in the rainforest so we are always trying to keep things clean and tidy!
Our 'voluntourism' options give you the choice to volunteer 3, 12 hours or 28 hours a week depending on your budget and how much time you want to enjoy Hawaii!
We offer different options for those who wish to contribute more or less work in exchange for a discounted stay at our community in Hawaii
Types of Volunteer & Intern Work
- BODY Work - Physical jobs for volunteers and interns!
- HEART Work - Creative jobs for volunteers and interns!
- MIND Work - Hedonisia is one of the few communities in Hawaii where you can use your brains in the rain forest.
Additional Hawaii Work Trade Info:
- Volunteer & Intern Training Videos - We use videos to instruct our Interns and Volunteers about our community chores and projects.
- Intern Volunteer FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about our Volunteer and Intern Programs.
Skilled Interns or Volunteer in Hawaii
A Volunteer or Intern with special skills can contribute their skilled trades to help with the upkeep of our buildings and retreat facilities. These are some of the ongoing Special Skills Categories we usually have a need for:
Volunteers, Interns, and Guests Online Application
If you have read about our programs and feel ready you can APPLY NOW
After the destruction of Hedonisia Hawaii due to the Kilauea volcano eruption, Community Director, Mojo moved to Portland where he continues to manage the Hedonisia Activist & EcoFeminist Web Portfolio.
Hedonisia Post-Volcano community options: