Be a Virtual Volunteer from anywhere in the World
Hedonisia Social Entrepreneur Activism
The Hedonisia community works on a number of projects with a global reach. We offer a Virtual Volunteer program where you can 'work from home' on our activist and ecofeminist web projects.
You do not have to come to Hawaii to be a virtual volunteer! If accepted, Activist Workers can work in advance from their home.
Virtual Volunteer Web Projects
Here is a quick overview of some of our most active projects, the stage of development we are with them, and what type of work we need on them.
- Activist Entrepreneur. Ecourse on how to create a business based on your ideas for making the world a better place. Need research for editing and updating content.
- Hedo Feminista: How to create a business supporting gender equality. Currently hosting discussion groups in Portland. Need help with research and writing for Hedonista Entrepreneur ideas and Sapiosexual discussion topics.
- EcoSensual.org: Sex-Positive Natural Birth Control Methods for Lovers eCalendar.
- Tantric Ganja.com: A marijuana-based aphrodisiac for female sexual empowerment and pleasure.
- World Art Erotica.com: A virtual museum of sensual art and literature from around the world.
- Natural Miscarriage.org: Reproductive Rights for women in conservative and poor regions of the world. Editing and fact checking.
We love working with people who are passionate about the projects they choose!
Virtual Volunteer Skill Requirements
If you have any of the following skills, please feel free to apply:
- Research and Writing skills
- Work-Related Experience in any of the above web projects.
- WordPress Skills (plugins and site design)
- Education: Women's studies, Sociology, Humanities, Liberal Arts degree, etc.
- Social Media or SEO for our websites
- Video Editing (Youtube, iMovie or other video experience.
- Digital Photo Organization (in Google Photos or iCloud)
Virtual Volunteer Benefits
- Satisfaction from being part of some great social projects. Volunteers are contributing to projects that have broader social and progressive goals.
- Volunteer Portfolio: Once a volunteer has completed a project they are free to list it in their portfolio.
- Volunteer Credit: If a volunteer finishes a project and completes the Hedonisia Virtual Volunteer Questionnaire, they can request to be listed on the credits where appropriate. We try to give volunteers named credit for their contributions depending on whether the project is a website, mobile, or book.
- Certificate of Appreciation. Volunteers receive a Certificate of Appreciation and Reference if they complete any Hedonisia work project