Virtual Volunteer from anywhere around the World!
The Hedonisia community works on a number of projects with a global reach. We offer a Virtual Volunteer program where you can 'work from home' on our activist and ecofeminist web projects.
You do not have to come to Hawaii to be a virtual volunteer! If accepted, virtual volunteers can work in advance from their home to build up and 'bank' their volunteer hours in exchange for lodgings for a future stay at Hedonisia Hawaii!
Virtual Volunteer Projects
- working on either the 'content' side of our Portfolio of Eco-Feminist Web Projects.
- working on our Tech, SEO or WordPress projects.
Due to the Kilauea eruption destroying the Hedonisia Hawaii community we can only offer the vacation option from January 2020 if we are able to rebuild on our Black Sands property which we own in the area.
As we rebuild we are adapting our policies so please feel free to email or call if you have any questions. Tel. 808-269-2825 or email.
In the meantime, we still give a Certificate of Appreciation and Employer Reference for Virtual Volunteers.
Virtual Volunteer Skill Requirements
If you are planning a future vacation at Hedonisia Hawaii there are additional requirements for virtual volunteers who wish to use their banked hours.
- Research and Writing skills
- Work Related Experience in any of the above web projects.
- WordPress Skills (plugins and site design)
- Education: Women's studies, Sociology, Humanities, Liberal Arts degree etc.
- Social Media or SEO for our websites
- Video Editing (Youtube, iMovie or other video experience)
- Digital Photo Organization (in Google Photos or iCloud)
Hedonisia Hawaii Virtual Volunteer Stay Requirements
Though our community is destroyed, we intend to return and rebuild. For Virtual Volunteers who make great contributions, we can still offer the vacation stay benefits if we succeed in our effort!
- Volunteer Hours per week of stay. 'Save' your hours and 'bank' them! We require 14 hours of volunteer work per week of stay in a shared space lodging. Lodging spaces are 'jungle style' and rustic.
- Time Estimates. Because we cannot monitor a volunteer's virtual work, we accept estimates based on the quality of work produced. We seek volunteers who support and enjoy the work we are doing so they will do their best at it and even 'work extra' because it is enjoyable!
- Community Support Shift. When a visitor stays for longer than a week without any contribution they tend to act more like a hotel guest rather than being part of a community. Virtual volunteers have a much deeper experience when they actually do a Community Support Shift of 3 hours per week.
- $75 Per Week Fee. Virtual Volunteers only pay $75 per week of stay which they have worked for!
- Keep track of volunteer hours! When you email about your volunteer work, remember to send the link to the page(s) you have worked on and in the subject line of the email you put the hours in. That way we keep track of a running total.