Eco-Tourist Guest, Intern Manager & Fair-Trade Volunteer Community Reservations:
- Check-In Times. Our check-out time is at 11am. Check-in time is at 2pm - 10pm though we suggest arriving in daylight hours so you can appreciate the beauty of the property and to know your way around.
- Late Arrival Fee. We live in a jungle! For arrivals after 10pm an Intern has to wait up for you! As a result, we have the following Late Check-In Fees:
- From 10:15pm to 12pm Midnight: $10
- After Midnight: $20
Please pay the Intern on duty directly in cash. And thank them for they will be sleepy.
- Confirmation. Once Reservation payment is received you will receive your confirmation by email. This will also be your official receipt of payment.
- CHANGING DATES: You can change arrival/departure dates at Hedonisia Hawaii. The first date change is free but subject to availability. For subsequent date changes, there is a $20 Change-of-Date processing fee. We can only change dates or lodgings based on availability. So we recommend you make your reservation as soon as you have booked your plane ticket and are sure of your dates!
- Eco-Driving Donation Pickup Service. We offer a Donation based Pickup Service from Hilo, Kona or Pahoa. If you need a pickup please be sure to tell us when making your reservation.
- Government Photo ID: For the safety and security of everyone in the community, we require a government-issued ID such as a passport or driver's license.
HEDONISIA COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
Termination of Stay
We offer very affordable rates to stay in our relaxed and friendly eco-tourist community. In a community of individuals, the community does not impose itself on any individual. But neither does anyone impose themselves by disturbing the community harmony.
- Loud or socially disruptive behavior that is detrimental to the smooth functioning of the community. Hedonisia has quiet hours. 10:30pm (Sunday – Thursday) and 11:30pm (Friday and Saturday). Please respect them.
- Continued Incomplete fulfillment of volunteer requirements or unwillingness to participate in the program as agreed.
- Continual failure to follow good hygiene for shared kitchen, bathroom and shower spaces. i.e. "Clean up as you go"
- Continued inconsiderate use of any entertainment device in common areas that disrupts community harmony.
- ALCOHOL Use - We allow the drinking of alcohol but not drunkenness. The Hedonisia definition of drunkenness is: "Any behavior whilst under the influence of alcohol that causes another Community Member to feel uncomfortable."
- Many romances have started here in our little jungle Paradise! However, we are an EcoFeminist Community and do not accept violations of the Hedonisia Consent Culture Community Guidelines.
- More than 2 weeks Notice. If you need to cancel your reservation before please try to do so with as much notice as possible. Volunteer or Guest Cancellations with at least 2 weeks notice prior to arrival are subject to a 30% Cancellation Fee.
- Less than 2 Weeks Notice. Guests or Volunteers who cancel within 2 weeks before arrival or after their first night of stay are subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
- Intern Manager Cancellation Policy Click Here
Compassionate Refund Guidelines
Our Refund Policy is more generous than most hotels which do not allow refunds once a person begins their stay. So please bear this in mind when canceling your reservation.
Unless there is something wrong with the lodgings or our service, we usually issue no refunds once you begin your stay unless you apply for a Compassionate Refund because of a serious personal, family or medical emergency.
When you stay at Hedonisia Hawaii, you are also supporting our effort to promote sustainable community living based eco-tourism in Hawaii. Our rates are very low and we are a small community that operates on a relatively tight budget. So please have compassion for us too!
- Compassionate Refunds are for compassionate reasons! Normally, we do not issue refunds once a person begins their stay. However, we can make humanitarian exceptions and issue a partial Compassionate Refund on a case-by-case basis. Usually, refunds are based on personal, medical family emergencies etc.
- Leave with Aloha. Compassionate Refunds are also affected by the conduct of the person(s) during their stay, how much 'aloha' they depart with and how clean their lodging space is!
- Violation of Hedonisia Community Guidelines: If you are asked to leave due to a violation of any of the Hedonisia Community Guidelines usually NO refunds are given. However, if you leave respectfully, with no drama and clean up your lodging space you can apply for a partial Compassionate Refund.
- Hostile Feedback. If you are leaving because of a problem with our community, lodgings etc please let us know using respectful language. We will always try to address a guests' complaint. However, using disrespectful language against our community and/or its members when leaving shows you don't have much compassion for us! Negative or hostile behavior will affect the amount of your Compassionate Refund. So please leave with aloha!
d) COMPLAINTS, COMPLIMENTS, SUGGESTIONS
It is our sincere wish for you to have an enjoyable experience at Hedonisia Hawaii. If you have any complaints, compliments, suggestions about our eco-tourist and social enterprise services please feel free to contact us:
Community Director: Mojo Mustapha
Direct Telephone: 808-269-2825
Online Feedback Form: Feel free to complete our Community Feedback Survey.
We thank you again for staying with us!