Cleaning Video Coming Soon!
Volunteer Cleaning Instructions
Remove weeds and from exterior. Prune other plants to ensure that nothing touches the building., Replace weeds with decorative plants, Beautify interior and exterior space.
- Dust or wipe shelves. Then sweep out hut.
- Change bedding – sheets and pillowcases.
- Ensure that the pillows are mould-free; if they are moldy, then place them in the trash and replace them.
- The Bed Quilt does not need to be changed or washed unless it looks dirty and smells. It would not be eco-friendly to wash a quilt every time!
- If it’s a sunny day, ask the manager for a tarp & assistance to put the mattress on it to get some in the sunshine. The sun kills mold and damp. Lightly spray mattress with eco-friendly spray. Turn mattress after one hour and return it to hut after two hours. At any sign of rain quickly put the mattress back in!
- Remove weeds and and external plants so that there are no plants leaning on or touching the hut. Prevents fire ants from getting in!
- Replace weeds with decorative plants
- Beautify interior and exterior spaces
Accommodation set-up Guidelines:
Please keep the following guidelines in mind when setting up different spaces at Hedonisia.
Select a fitted sheet and flat sheet that will fit the space you are setting up (single, twin, full or queen depending on the bed-space). When possible use a matching sheet and pillow set.
For single guests staying in dorm spaces (Oha’ia, Aloha Bus or tents) we typically provide one pillow and a sleeping bag.
For double occupancy and for our more expensive lodging options we use a blanket/quilt and provide two pillows
Jungle Cottage and Kahuna have a special set of bedding and blankets that are used specifically for these spaces.
When setting up accommodations take into consideration the location of the lodging. Campsites and lodging spaces with screen walls will be cooler at night.
Prior to making the bed ensure that the space is thoroughly cleaned; if there are any strange smells or issues report them to the anchor manager or director in order to identify a quick solution!