The Hedonisia Activist Entrepreneur Approach to Conscious Capitalism
How to create a business based on your values
An activist entrepreneur works within the system on feminist, environmental, and other socially progressive causes, both locally and internationally. We think of it as pleasurable activism with practical methods and solutions.
Members have access to our ebooks as they enter the final stages of edits before publication. Feel free to offer suggestions or corrections. If we use them we can list you in the Acknowledgements if you like.
Hedonisia Member ebooks:
- Activist & EcoFeminist Entrepreneur eBook and Course
- Hedonisia Handbook on Sustainable Community Living
Activist Entrepreneur CAFEE Principles
An Activist Entrepreneur embodies principles of community, activism, feminism, and environmentalism as part of their business plan to create a product or service that, in a concrete way, improves society or the world we live in.
Here's how Hedonisia Hawaii satisfies the CAFEE principles of being an Activist Entrepreneur.
- Community: Hedonisia Hawaii is a community-based business that does not have employees. Our social entrepreneur business model attracts like-minded people creating a free-floating community of volunteers and interns who come to Hawaii and contribute to our eco-tourism and ecofeminist projects and that we manage in our 'community of individuals'!
- Activist: An activist entrepreneur works to change the law as part of their business activities. They can do so through lobbying or other forms of political engagement. However, they can also be political by creating products or services that challenge unjust laws. As Hedonisia, we are active in working through the local political system to create a legal foundation for sustainable communities in Hawaii and a precedent for others to do the same elsewhere. One of the creative projects we manage is Activist Entrepreneur: Using business as a tool for social change.
- Feminist: It is a truism that women are often more unfairly treated than men in the vast majority of companies. So an Activist Entrepreneur feminist principles as a core part of their operations. At the Hedonisia Community, we implemented policies and practices incorporating social justice, equality for women through our community business operations as described in our Eco-Feminist Community page.
- Environmental: An Activist Enterprise should try to reduce, reuse and recycle at every level it of its business practices. Not only is it good for the planet but it is also good for the bottom line! Our community derived most of it income through eco-tourism and we adopt environmental principles at every stage of our business operations.
- EcoSexual: So many societal problems stem from some aspect of sexual dysfunction. We take an EcoFeminist approach to sexuality with our emphasis on gender equality and by being a Consent Culture community.
Traditionally young people and many progressives such as environmentalists or feminists, argue that capitalism is exploitative. And all too often it is.
President Donald Trump embodied nearly every stereotype of negative capitalism. Corruption, nepotism, bribery, slumlord, shady real estate deals. His list of sleazy capitalist practices went on and on.
However, as we teach in our Video eCourse the Activist Entrepreneur, capitalism does not have to be this way.
Trade is the oldest of human enterprises and has great potential for good as well as corporate evil. In the Age of the Internet with its limitless potential, the youth of today have an opportunity to change capitalism from within.
As an Activist Entrepreneur you can:
- Create a business of Community, Activist, Feminist, Environmental or EcoSex principles
- Address challenges on the planet and creates meaningful jobs
- Live Actively and Pleasurably with Conscious Capitalism
In a time of high youth unemployment, few opportunities, and student debt, young people would serve themselves and the world better by making money in ethical activist businesses aligned with their values. Then they can play the same role as the oil companies do now, except they will be lobbying for good causes.
Progressive Political Conscious Capitalism
The marijuana movement used capitalism to change the system from within. It took decades but now America, a conservative 'War Against Drugs' nation, has legal marijuana.
As marijuana developed into a viable and established industry, those in the business created a 'ganja lobby.' There is already a Solar and Wind lobby because they are making money! Young techies, the founders of Google, Apple, Paypal, Facebook, Microsoft have done some bad things but also supported very good causes.
Sister Companion Book: EcoFeminist Entrepreneur. This book, included with your membership is similar to Activist Entrepreneur but with a focus on gender equality.