After the destruction of Hedonisia Hawaii by the 2018 Kilauea volcano, Mojo the Community Director, moved to an apartment in Portland OR. In this beautiful progressive city, he continues work on the Hedonisia EcoFeminist Web Portfolio and managing the Hedonisia Rebirth Crowdfund until it is possible to return and rebuild on our lava covered land.
A community does not have to be big. A micro-community can be as small as an apartment in the city. As you can see from Pre-Volcano Hedonisia Hawaii, those who were attracted to our community projects tended to also share many of our ideals. They were wonderful to live with.
This is who we’d like to attract as renters of our lovely apartment in Portland Oregon.
Portland Apartment Features
- Across the street from Mt Tabor Park which has lovely hiking trails.
- The apartment is within walking distance of a number of restaurants
- One direct bus to downtown.
- You have access to a beautiful apartment swimming pool.
- We provide dishes and furnishings.
- There is no TV. ou are free to bring your own and cable is included.
- Sorry, no pets. It is against the Apartment Rules.
- The living room is spacious with a beautiful exposed brick wall. Perfect for yoga.
- Month to month rental with a minimum of 3 months
One-bedroom Apartment Rental: Next Date Available: May 1, 2021.
- Refundable Security & Damage Deposit – $1050
- 1st Month Rent = $1050
- $125 Flat Rate for Utilities: Electricity, Water, Basic Cable, Wifi.
Applicant Requirements to Rent Room
This is still a rental in a traditional apartment complex. So regular apartment rules still apply.
- Call for telephone Interview & to visit the apartment. 808-269-2825
- $55 per person Background & Credit Check Fee.
- Complete Rental Application Form.
- If approved, a Security Deposit of one month rent is required to confirm the date of arrival.
- Complete Temporary Occupancy Agreement.
- Upon receipt of the security deposit and first month’s payment, you receive the key.
- You are now ready to move in on the date agreed.
Apartment Rental Rules
I am looking for a great person or couple who will treat this wonderful apartment with the respect of their home.
Normally, this is a two-bedroom apartment. However, I leave for long periods every year to rebuild my community in Hawaii.
I lock my bedroom and so the apartment becomes a spacious 1-bedroom that is suitable for singles or couples.
I have priced my apartment less than comparable rentals for a 1-bedroom in Portland. The reason is that I require some flexibility.
The rental is under a Temporary Occupant Agreement which are legal under Oregon law. As the long-term, leaseholder, I am responsible for enforcing the apartment rules.
I am looking for a great single person or couple who will treat this wonderful apartment with the respect of their home. In other words, who resonates with our work and sees the apartment as a micro-community.
Under Oregon law, I am the official tenant. I will be traveling for long periods to Canada, Europe and Hawaii over 2021/22. I will be stopping by as the tenant in the apartment to get supplies in my room.
This is why I want someone who I can get along with. Someone who is friendly and doesn’t mind when I come by to visit. I will of course, give notice when I’m coming over and how long I will be staying before leaving again.
In the small periods of overlap the Rental Price will be reduced:
- OVERLAP: For any night that I stay in my room, I will reduce the rent by $20 a night.
- 1-BEDROOM: When I’m away the rent is $1050 per month and $125 in utilities.
Though the rental is month-to-month, I’m ideally seeking long term candidate(s).
Please note there is a cancelation fee if you decide not to stay. It is 25% of your Security Deposit if canceling within two weeks of your arrival date.
We charge a fee because once we have confirmed a reservation we start making travel plans. So it is very disruptive when a potential roommate cancels at the last moment.
Wishing you much aloha in Portland.