A community does not have to be on a big property like Hedonisia Hawaii. As with many of the of the great cities in the world, it is very expensive to buy housing or land in Portland. So, our urban micro-community model is based on rental housing.
Until we can return to Hawaii we want to demonstrate that a micro-community can be as small as 2 people living together in an apartment in the city!
Currently, I have a roommate till June, 2019. I am taking reservations from that date forwards!
Portland Micro-Community Rental!
We seek a temporary roommate(s) at our 2-bedroom apartment located in SE Portland. Ideally, someone who is attracted to the ecofeminist projects we manage!
Applicants wanting to live in or visit Portland can enjoy a discount rent in exchange for volunteer support of work on the websites in our EcoFeminist Web Portfolio
At Hedonisia Hawaii, those who were attracted to our eco-tourist or ecofeminist work shared many of our ideals, and were wonderful to live with!
We have taken this idea to our Portland apartment! When we live with like-minded roommates, we are in a sense, creating an apartment based ‘micro-community’!
- We are across the street from Mt Tabor Park which has lovely hiking trails.
- The apartment complex is walking distance to a number of restaurants
- one direct bus to downtown! We rent one of the two bedrooms.
- Rentals can be for 3 – 12 months.
- Price INCLUDES WIFI & Utilities.
- The room is furnished with a queen memory foam mattress bed!
- There is also a beautiful exposed brick wall in the living room.
- You have access to a beautiful apartment swimming pool that is great in the summer!
Portland Apartment Roommate Application Info & Requirements:
We call our apartment a ‘micro-community’ to attract applicants who wish to volunteer on the ecofeminist web projects we are working on.
However, this is still a ‘normal’ rental in a traditional apartment complex. So regular Apartment Rental Screening Criteria still apply!
Once approved after your interview, applicants must provide the following:
- $650 for first-month rent,
- Damage Deposit – $650,
- $55 payment for Background check & Application Fee,
- Sorry, no pets as it is against apartment regulations!
- 5-year Rental History,
- Signed Micro-Community Rental Agreement.
Volunteer for Rent Reduction!
Applicants with writing, research or tech skills who are interested in volunteer work on any of our web projects can do so in exchange for a reduction in rent!
If you work on any of our web projects, we lower the rent by $20 per hour up to a maximum of $100 rent reduction per month! However, if you are especially skilled, we can offer more hours for a greater reduction in rent!
Here are some of the projects you can choose to work on in Portland:
- Hedonisia Eco-Feminist Web Portfolio: These activist and feminist entrepreneur sites managed by our community deal with subjects like reproductive rights, eco-feminism, gender equality, and sex-positive feminism! Volunteers work on research, writing, database and site updates.
- Video Editing: We create and edit many educational and instructional videos for our web projects. If you are proficient with video editing let us know!
- Tech Volunteer. Advanced WordPress, Social Media or SEO experience required.
Wishing you much aloha in Portland!