- Triangle Garden Area between Guava Hale, Aloha Bus and Ohia Camper
- to the left of Ohia Camper/Decorative bed between Ohia camper and Guava Hale
Lodgings and/or Facilities in areas of Garden
This DECORATIVE Garden has the following plants:
Maintenance Activities For This Garden:
- Main Weeds: Cane Grass, Stink Maile, Fire Ants, choking, creeping and climbing weeds
- Spray Soapy Water mix before working in this area
- Eradicate cane grass as close to the base as possible using a Kama and pickax out if accessible
- Use a Kama to cut the climbers and the chokers at the plant base to kill them. Remove off plants carefully.
- Remove all creeping weeds from around the whole garden beds and walkways.
- Remove Mexican Sunflower from border – bring to crater slope at road front
- Identification and Labeling:
- Tag and label transplanted trees with bright color tree ribbon,
- Date the tree with date it was transplanted
- Update plant pages if any are added or
deletedremoved from the garden.
- Borders & Maintenance:
- Remove weeds and expose roots of Ohia growing on rock – GIRL weeding
- Keep clear all weeds from Guava Hale and Ohia Camper sides and walls
- Fill holes and level land between Ohia Camper and Guava Hale or create raised garden bed – take care w/ support poles of camper
- Weed barrier log and keep lawn clean
- Lower the height of decoratives and weeds to give an ocean view from camper
- Weed Ginger in front of camper neatly remembering to keep privacy
- Weed Pee Garden by camper and keep clear for night time use
- Weed and keep ‘camp spot’ neat for emergency overflow campers
- Using a Kama, cut off dead Banana leaves off Banana Trees and drop on roots to mulch
- Weed whack along the whole border on all sides to keep neat appearance
- Harvest baby Banana plants (include roots) – replant in crater the same day
- Harvest Papaya with fruit picker when yellow, and Coconuts when they fall
- Some trees need topping or harvesting is difficult. Check with the director first about topping a tree or if you have any ideas for new red plants in this area.