- Lono Hale to Guava Hale In front of Back Border; includes fire pit
Lodgings and/or Facilities in areas of Garden
This MIXED Garden has the following trees:
Maintenance Activities For This Garden:
- Main Weeds: Cane Grass, Stink Maile, Fire Ants, Mexican Sunflowers, Tropical Crabgrass, choking, creeping and climbing weeds
- Spray Soapy Water mix before working in this area
- Eradicate cane grass as close to the base as possible using the Kama and pickax out if accessible
- Use the Kama to cut the climbers and the chokers at the plant base to kill them. Remove climbers from plants carefully.
- Remove all creeping weeds from around the whole garden beds and walkways.
- Remove Mexican Sunflower from border - bring to crater slope at road front
- Remove the Tropical Crabgrass around walking areas by the roots when possible
- Identification and Labeling:
- Borders & Maintenance:
- Hand weed around seating area and rake out uneven areas,
- Prune with a Kama in the tight spots then weed whack the rest of the area
- Rake firepit and remove scrap metal (rusty nails, screws etc) from the ashes.
- Scatter ashes under fruit trees on the property (as long as wood was non-toxic and not painted).
- Stack any burnable wood and/or pallets into a Tee-Pee style in the fire pit.
- stack dry wood UNDER tarp or old metal roofing to keep dry for the firepit.