Lodgings and/or Facilities in areas of Garden:
This MIXED Garden has the following plants:
And the following trees:
Maintenance Activities For This Garden:
- Main Weeds: Cane Grass, Koster’s Curse, Stink Maile, Fire Ants, Miconia, chokers, climbers, creepers
- Eradicate cane grass as close to the base as possible using a Kama and pickax out if accessible
- Use a Kama to cut the climbers and the chokers at the plant base to kill them. Remove off plant carefully.
- Remove all creeping weeds from around the whole garden beds.
- Identification and Labeling:
- Tag and label transplanted trees with bright color tree ribbon,
- Date the tree with date it was transplanted
- Update plant pages if any are added or deleted from the garden.
- Borders & Maintenance:
- Keeping the rock borders free of weeds and mosses, weed whack the area of large grasses to keep walkways low and clear
- Thin out Mexican Sunflower
- Maintain view of ocean from the bottom behind Banana
- Keep area behind Banana clear of brush and tarped when in Avocado season
- Cut down Bananas as they ripen or leaning on lodgings and become a danger, cut up and mulch in banana stand
- Check for standing water on tarps and remove water
- If Papaya tree becomes too tall to harvest with fruit picker, top tree to about 6-7 feet, it will regrow new leaves and re-fruit (Check with Director first!)
- Harvest Bananas when ready, cutting down the whole tree and mulching
- Harvest Avocado daily when in season
- Harvest Papaya with fruit picker