Location: Edible & Healing plant gardens between Bamboo Hut and Kahuna Cabin.
Lodgings and/or Facilities in areas of Garden:
This Edible Garden has the following plants:
Maintenance Activities For This Garden:
- Main Weeds: Cane Grass, choking, creeping and climbing weeds
- Eradicate cane grass as close to the base as possible using a Kama and pickax out if accessible
- Use a Kama to cut the climbers and the chokers at the plant base. This will kill the vine without harming the plant it is around.
- Remove all creeping weeds from around the whole garden beds.
- Identification and Labeling:
- Date the tree with date it was transplanted (only babies so we can see the growth process)
- Borders & Maintenance:
- Keeping the cliff borders free of weeds.
- Weed whack the area of large grasses to keep walkways low and clear
- Dump fresh soil around Kava plants to keep roots from being exposed to sun
- Keep Cane Grass behind Kahuna low with long saw tool.
- Harvesting the Bamboo every 3-4 months promotes budding
- Use Bush Trimmer to trim bamboo leaves and keep shaped, promotes taller bamboo shoots
- Harvest Pineapples when they smell sweet and are Gold in color or Deep Purple (White Pineapples), just snap off with hands wearing gloves
- Remove pineapples after harvesting and replace with new transplants
- Please do not harvest the Kava root unless the Director asks.