Garden G is home to one of Hedonisia Hawaii’s most popular attractions, our outdoor Eco-toilet! Spanning from the edge of Pandora’s Box to the edge of the Outdoor Shower, Garden G resides cliff-side to allow for nature to be the fourth private wall of your outdoor toilet and shower endeavors!
- Bathroom & Shower Edge
Lodgings and/or Facilities in areas of Garden:
This Decorative Garden has the following plants:
Maintenance Activities For This Garden:
- Main Weeds: Climbing/Choking weeds & Albizia Trees
- Cut down baby Albezia’s when you see them crop up. Verify before cutting, ask someone if you’re not sure.
- Use a Kama to cut the climbers and choking weeds at the base to kill them
- Identification and Labeling:
- Update plant pages if any are added or deleted from the garden.
- Borders & Maintenance:
- Keeping the concrete borders and rock borders free of weeds and mosses is easy and can be done weekly during Spring/Summer, bi-weekly Fall/Winter 15 minutes during a shift.
- Remove cliff-side weed trees that overhang Eco-bathroom roof.
- Add fragrant decoratives that thrive on shady moisture on the cliff in the back toilet and shower garden.
- Maintain private views from all areas – while keeping proper airflow
- Thin out weeds (every 3 months)
- Trim branches and leaves that start to encroach into toilet or shower areas
- Keep climbing plants trimmed back if bothersome and re-pot for transfer
- Maintain bamboo privacy separators by fixing when needed
- Plant Citronella in Eco-toilet Garden for mosquito repellent
- Add soil & weed around Anthuriums and Crotons
- Trim black Awapuhi leaves to make room for new leaves to grow without allowing them to become too sheltered
- Scrub bamboo if it begins to get moldy to encourage healthy growth
- Rake gingerly between each area keeping it neat and presentable
- Clean shower gunk that runs into the garden using hose or scoop up if a lot
- We also collect wood shavings when shaving for projects to use as a decorative mulch in non-food beds. Guava inhibits plant and weed growth, so use in decorative areas only.
- Check with the director first about topping a tree or if you have any ideas for new plants in this area.