There is a Hawaiian saying: "Ukuli'i ka pua, onaona I ka mau'u" (tiny is the flower, yet it scents the grasses all around it). It translates to 'small things can have a great influence'.
Our hope is to take the ideas we worked on in our community and bring them out to the world.
And when it safe and feasible to do so, we will return to Hawaii, the land of our community's birth.
Thanks to all of you who support us and the work we are doing!
Post Volcano Hedonisia Activities
The original property is completely destroyed. There is literally nothing remaining from our former home in paradise. The land is about 80 feet higher than before and covered in lava.
All the natural features have been erased. However, while we have shed many tears, we have not given up. These are our rebirth options.
- Though it will be difficult, we want to rebuild on the same land. The area is under State of Emergency Evacuation Notice while the government figures out what to do with those of us who lost everything. However, it will take time as roads are built again to the area. So our new plan is to create a temporary mini-Hedonisia on our nearby property, which was not destroyed by the flow.
- Nearby Neighbor Land. We are negotiating with the owner of one of the last surviving properties in the area to see if we can offer our volunteer and guest programs there. With all the surrounding area now gone. Our neighbor's house stands tall with a commanding view of the landscape and ocean.
- Hedonisia Artist Colony - Writers & Creatives in a Residential Community. Even before the volcano, we were noticing that an increasing number of volunteers and interns booked stays with us because of the web projects that we were working on.
Hedonisia Productions - Web Publishing & Projects
Though Hedonisia was tucked away in the Hawaiian rainforest, our community had a global reach. In addition to their duties managing the property, Volunteers and Interns worked on our Activist & EcoFeminist Entrepreneur Web Portfolio.
From our new home in Portland, we will continue to work on the following web projects.
Hedonisia Social Entrepreneur Online Education Options:
- Activist Entrepreneur: An Online class on how to create a business that addresses environmental, political or social issues. Now also available on Skillshare.
- EcoFeminist Entrepreneur.com: Ecourse on how to create a business supporting gender equality.
- Sex to Save the World! How to host paid discussion groups around the world to discuss the impact of sexuality on society or to create eco-sex companies that address social problems.
Hedo EcoFeminism: Products & Services
- EcoSensual.org: A unique Sex Positive Natural Birth Control Calendar Method.
- Natural Miscarriage.org: Reproductive Rights Information for women in conservative and poor regions of the world. (Visited by an average 200 women a day)
- Tantric Ganja.com: A marijuana based aphrodisiac for female sexual empowerment and pleasure.
- World Art Erotica.com: A virtual museum of sensual art and literature from around the world.
Post-Volcano Volunteer & Intern Options
Though our community in Hawaii is destroyed, for now, we still offer revamped Intern and Volunteer opportunities from our new home in Portland, OR:
- Virtual Volunteer
- Portland Micro-Community Volunteer for Rent Reduction
- Intern Equity Program
- October 2019 - Post Volcano Rebirth Volunteers
We currently manage three crowdfunds so we can continue to evolve and grow our community entrepreneur projects with while preparing for our return to Hawaii.
- Tantric Ganja Aphrodisiac Crowdfund
- Activist Entrepreneur Patreon Fund
- Hedonisia Hawaii Return, Rebuild, Rebirth Fund
- Hedonisia Magma Flow: Life before and after the volcano while we try to regroup and evolve our eco-community. Historical videos, musings and informational video courses on the various projects we manage.