On May 27, 2018 Hedonisia Hawaii was covered by lava from the Kilauea Volcano Eruption. Our beloved community now only exists in our memories and on this website.
There is a Hawaiian saying: "Ukuli'i ka pua, onaona I ka mau'u" (tiny is the flower, yet it scents the grasses all around it). It translates to 'small things can have a great influence'.
Our hope is to take the ideas we worked on in our community and bring them out to the world.
And when it safe and feasible to do so, we will return the the land of our community's birth, Hawaii.
Thanks to all of you who support us and the work we are doing!
Post Volcano Activities
Though we were tucked away in the Hawaiian rainforest, our community had a global reach. The Hedonisia eco-community was based on EcoTourism and EcoFeminism.
From our new home in Portland we will continue to work on the following web projects.
Hedonisia Social Entrepreneur Online Education Options:
- Activist Entrepreneur. Online classes on how to create a business that addresses environmental, political or social issues.
- EcoFeminist Entrepreneur.com. Ecourse on how to create a business supporting gender equality.
- EcoSex Entrepreneur.com: Ideas for using sexuality to create ethical companies that address social problems.
Hedonisia EcoFeminism: Products & Services
- EcoSensual.org: A unique Sex Positive Natural Birth Control Calendar Method.
- Natural Miscarriage.org: Reproductive Rights Information for women in conservative and poor regions of the world. (Visited by an average 200 women a day)
- Tantric Ganja.com: A marijuana based aphrodisiac for female sexual empowerment and pleasure.
- World Art Erotica.com: A virtual museum of sensual art and literature from around the world.
Post-Volcano Volunteer & Intern Options
Though our community in Hawaii is destroyed for now, we still offer revamped Intern and Volunteer opportunities from our new home in Portland, OR:
We currently manage three crowdfunds so we can continue to evolve and grow our community entrepreneur projects with while preparing for our return to Hawaii.
- Tantric Ganja Aphrodisiac Crowdfund
- Activist Entrepreneur Patreon Fund
- Hedonisia Hawaii Return, Rebuild, Rebirth Fund
- Mojo Lava Flow: Life before and after the volcano while we try to regroup and evolve our eco-community. Historical videos, musings and video courses about the various community projects we manage.
Hedonisia History - Pre-Volcano Sentimental Links
We will never get back what we lost. However, as we try to evolve from the ashes, we are preserving these web pages as a testimonial to the wonderful community we loved for 14 precious years.
Welcome to Hedonisia Hawaii, a former junkyard remodeled as a sustainable community on Hawaii's Big Island. The wonderfully weird hostel offers rugged adventure, ... and just the right amount of crazy. If only all junkyards could get second lives as hedonistic, environmentally-friendly communes. Huffington Post
EcoTourism in Hawaii! Hedonisia Hawaii is a sustainable community located on 4 acres of lush rainforest in Puna, Hawaii.
Community-based ecotourism is a great way to live, work and socialize with other travelers. This is what makes Hedonisia so different from traditional tourist establishments! With like-minded participants, many friendships and relationships have blossomed at our little community in paradise!
Photo History. Our community has been hosting 'eco-tourists' and 'volun-tourists' from around the world since 2004!
Community experience options at Hedonisia!
Our Fair-trade volunteers enjoy an eco-holiday in Hawaii at a reduced rate by doing 12 hours voluntary work in exchange for a discount on lodgings.
As best as we can, we try to match volunteers with work that they have enthusiasm to do! However, our land is like a 'jungle gym' so you can enjoy a great workout in paradise!
Learn to manage an eco-tourist community in Hawaii! We offer a 3-week Intern Training, which, if you complete successfully, allows you to become part of the Hedonisia Intern Community Manager Team!
This residential program is for Interns who wish to stay in Hawaii from two months up to one year. After your 3-week training, you work only 2 days a week! This leaves 5 days free to find a job, work on your own projects or simply enjoy paradise!
In addition to ecotourism, the Hedonisia community manages activist and ecofeminist entrepreneur projects with a global reach.
Community Director - Mojo Mustapha: 808-269-2825